If you haven’t noticed, I have not posted here for a bit. I took a hiatus of some sort. While I never left real estate, I did let it move out of focus for the last little bit. I have been lax on my social media posts, and have not been out prospecting to help people fulfill their dreams when it comes to real estate.
Truth be told, I never stopped paying attention to real estate. It is kind of hard not to pay attention. I have been doing this for so long that I cannot imagine a day when I don’t keep up with the local real estate market. This is probably why I listed two homes while I was on a bit of marketing hiatus. My clients know I love what I do. And they know that I will always bring my A-Game to their situation.
But I did take some time to regroup. I took some time to rethink my marketing. I rethought what social media channels I want to be present on, and in what manner. What sort of content do I want to put out in cyberspace? And I ask, what is it that people want to hear?
I made of list of things that I think people do not what to hear or see in their social media feeds. They are as follows:
- More about me. Did you know I am in real estate? And I can talk incessantly about my accomplishments? (Some of my peers love this noise.)
- I just listed/just sold some fabulous property.
- My company has some market leading statistics.
I also made a list of what I think people like to see in their social media feeds:
- Pictures of my dog. (She is adorable, but I will limit them to a select few.)
- What is happening in and around town. News, events, things to do.
- Open Houses from a community-wide point of view, not just my Open Houses.
- Video Tours of homes, like what is new on the Friday Broker Tour.
- Market Updates, not just stats, but my honest opinion.
So, here we are, just before the holidays. And you are probably asking, why now? What starts when “nobody is looking”? Well, the smart buyer never stops looking. And I need to get the kinks out. In 2023 you will see more videos from me. I will put a lot of it out on Tic Toc and my YouTube channel. I will share the links to those sites across my other channels. You will get my opinions, whether you want them or not.
The content I hope to create will be more about what you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers while enjoying it until you opt to sell. It will be content that I think is worthy of the day. It will be honest, candid, and full of me (and my thoughts, not another’s thoughts.) But my content will not be some canned office, or worse yet, vendor content.
So, are you ready for 2023? And what do you want to hear about? Get ready, because here I come!