Anybody who knows me, knows I like to cook. You have probably heard me say that before. Anyway on my foodie Facebook page, “What to cook tonight?” I am following a trendy theme of healthy cooking for the month of January. On that page, I share food ideas, good wine, and places to eat locally. I’d love to have you join my group.
It’s January….are you trying to eat more healthfully?
So in the theme of eating better, my friends at Holly Hill Farm have posted a great new recipe that is so in keeping with the theme.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Tomato & Kale
- 3 to 4 pounds of root vegetables like parsnips, rutabagas, carrots, potatoes, beets, radishes, turnips, and celery root, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided half and half
- 1 teaspoon slt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups (packed) of chopped leafy greens such as kale or chard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce (optional, to taste)