Cohasset, Massachusetts, is a small town with a lot to offer. While the beaches and harbor are popular destinations, there are plenty of hidden gems and local hotspots that are worth checking out. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at Cohasset’s best-kept secrets and give you the inside scoop on where to go and what to see.
- Cohasset Historical Society Museum: Located on South Main Street, the Cohasset Historical Society Museum is a hidden gem that offers visitors a glimpse into Cohasset’s past. With exhibits on everything from shipbuilding to the town’s famous residents, the museum is a must-visit for history buffs and anyone interested in learning more about the town.
- Wheelwright Park Conservation Area: Tucked away on North Main Street, Wheelwright Park is a beautiful nature reserve that’s perfect for hiking, birdwatching, and exploring. With miles of trails and tremendous privacy, it’s a great place to spend an afternoon.
- Holly Hill Farm: This working farm on Jerusalem Road is a favorite among locals and the author, but visitors are often surprised to learn about its existence. With a farm stand selling fresh produce, flowers, and eggs, as well as a variety of events throughout the year, Holly Hill Farm is a hidden gem that’s worth seeking out.
- The Barrell: This sandwich shop, a quasi mini-market on South Main Street is a hidden gem that’s sure to delight anyone with an educated palate. From classic candies to gourmet sandwiches, The Barrell has something for everyone, and the shop’s charming interior is a treat in itself.
- The Red Lion Inn: This historic inn on North Main Street is a local hotspot that’s been serving up great food and drink for over 300 years. With a cozy pub, a beautiful outdoor veranda, and a menu featuring classic New England fare, The Red Lion Inn is a must-visit for anyone looking for an authentic Cohasset experience.
- Sandy Beach Association: While Sandy Beach is a popular destination, not everyone knows about the Sandy Beach Association, a local organization that sponsors events and activities for residents and visitors alike. From yoga classes to movie nights, the Sandy Beach Association is a great way to get involved in the community and enjoy all that Cohasset has to offer.
In conclusion, Cohasset may be a small town, but it’s full of hidden gems and local hotspots that are worth checking out. From the Cohasset Historical Society Museum to Holly Hill Farm and Cohasset Village Candy, there’s something for everyone in this charming coastal community. So the next time you’re in Cohasset, be sure to explore these best-kept secrets and discover all that this town has to offer.
Other Blogs Of Interest