Scituate, Massachusetts, is a beautiful coastal town with a rich history and many popular attractions. However, there are also several hidden gems that many people don’t know about. Here are five hidden gems in Scituate, MA that you need to discover.
- The Lawson Tower: The Lawson Tower is a 153-foot tower located in Scituate’s historic district. Built in 1902 by Boston financier Thomas Lawson, the tower was used as an observation deck and radio station. Today, it is open to the public and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- The Widow’s Walk Golf Course: The Widow’s Walk Golf Course is a nine-hole golf course located on the site of a former cemetery. The course is known for its stunning views of the ocean and its challenging layout. It’s a great spot for a round of golf, or just to take a leisurely walk along the picturesque paths.
- The Scituate Lighthouse: The Scituate Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse located on Cedar Point. Built in 1811, it is one of the oldest lighthouses in the United States. The lighthouse is open to the public and offers tours, as well as stunning views of the ocean.
- Lawson Common: Lawson Common is a small park located in the heart of Scituate’s historic district. The park features a gazebo, a playground, and a memorial to the town’s veterans. It’s a great spot for a picnic or just to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Minot Beach: Located at the end of Gannet Road and parallels Glades Road this is the beach of choice for many in Scituate. There is a town parking lot at the corner of Glades Road and Bailey’s Causeway. This is the best sandy beach short of the spit, that is accessible by car. Most folks are tolerant of dogs and many will walk their dog year-round at Minot Beach. This includes the author.
In conclusion, Scituate, Massachusetts, is home to many hidden gems that are just waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re interested in history, golf, or just want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, these five hidden gems are definitely worth a visit. So the next time you’re in Scituate, be sure to explore these hidden treasures and experience all that this charming coastal town has to offer.
Cohasset’s Best-Kept Secrets: Hidden Gems and Local Hotspots