With Thanksgiving 2023 in the rearview mirror, the Christmas Season is upon us. As a local South Shore MA REALTOR® it is fun to take part in the myriad of Holiday happenings here in Cohasset and our surrounding towns. Almost every town does a Holiday Stroll of one version or another. So in the interest of trying to keep on what organization is doing what and when.
So, here is my list of Cohasset MA Area Holiday Stroll and similar events.
Friday, December 1st
Scituate Harbor (otherwise known as Scituate Village) Stroll 5-7 PM
- 5:45 Lobster Trap Tree Lighting at the Reel.
- 6:30 Tree Lighting at the Inn on Scituate Harbor Inn
- Hayrides, Face painting, and holiday cocktails in the restaurants
Holiday Festivities in Downtown Hingham:
5-8 PM Christmas in the Square – This Hingham holiday tradition has been enjoyed by thousands of residents and neighbors across the South Shore for over 40 years. We welcome all to join us in this old-fashioned, hometown seasonal celebration.
- 5:00 – Kick-off Christmas in the Square
6:30ish – Santa Arrives in a Firetruck in the Square
6:30-8 – Visit Santa on South Street
5:30-8 – Live Music & Entertainment in the Square
5:30-8:00 – “Its a Wonderful Life” Movie on the Tunnel Cap & Magical Snow Show
5:00-8:30 – Festival of Trees Gala at the Community Center
5:00-8:00 – Ice Sculpture Demonstration at 39 Main Street
Saturday, December 2nd
- 10 AM Santa arrives by boat in Scituate followed by photo opportunities.
- 10 AM – 3 PM Cohasset Village Fair
- Each of the common area churches will be hosting a slew of holiday events/crafts/activities
- For full details Click Here, and credits to The Cohasset Anchor
- Holly Hill Farm is hosting Winter Fest – Artisan Fair, Farm Stand Open, “Soup for SHARES”, and Kids Craft Making. Proceeds help provide healthy food to neighbors facing food insecurity and financial hardship.
Saturday, December 9th
- 4:30 – 7:30 PM Cohasset Village Stroll sponsored by the Cohasset Chamber of Commerce
- 4:30 Cohasset Common for the big evergreen tree-lighting ceremony
- There will also be a luminary bag display around the Common pond. From there, Santa will be stationed in the Village for visits and photographs
- Click Here for a complete schedule of events in the Cohasset Stroll.
- 6:30 PM Cohasset Lobster Pot Tree Lighting – The Cohasset Lobster Trap Tree will take place Friday, Dec 9th at 6:30 at Old Salt House in Cohasset. Buoys will also be sold for $20 and available at the Cohasset American Legion. These buoys can be decorated and placed on the tree and also put into a buoy decorating contest.
Other blogs of interest: