Cohasset, Massachusetts, is a beautiful coastal town that offers more than just stunning views and charming homes. This town is also home to some of the best restaurants on the South Shore, serving up delicious food to satisfy even the most discerning foodie. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the top restaurants in and around Cohasset and what makes them stand out.
- Salty Days: Located in picturesque Cohasset Village, Salty Days is a new staple to the village. From cooking up the morning’s fresh catch to celebrating special occasions with lobsters and raw bars, and some of the best local sushi, seafood has always been a common thread on what makes Salty Days so popular. Salty Days is a must-visit for seafood lovers.
- The Red Lion Inn: This historic inn has been serving guests since the 1700s, and the restaurant within it is no different. The Red Lion Inn offers classic New England fare, including clam chowder, lobster rolls, and fried clams, all served in a cozy atmosphere.
- Bia Bistro: If you’re in the mood for some Italian-inspired cuisine, Bia Bistro is the place to go. The menu changes seasonally to reflect the freshest ingredients, and everything from pasta to desserts is made in-house.
- Oro: This chic and modern restaurant is over in neighboring Scituate and offers a variety of dishes inspired by Mediterranean and Latin American cuisine. The menu changes often, but some favorites include the pork belly tacos and the grilled octopus.
- Olde Salt House: Another restaurant with a prime location on the harbor, Olde Salt House serves up classic New England seafood dishes like lobster rolls, fish and chips, and clam chowder. But what sets this restaurant apart is the lively atmosphere and the best outdoor seating area.
- The Corner Stop Eatery: This casual eatery is perfect for a finicky eater. The Corner Stop also offers a variety of near-farm-to-table food. Their tuna tar-tare is second to none. Or order the hippy-dippy salad if healthy eating is the desire. There is a reason so many people end their day here, it is some really great food.
- The Blue Oar: This is the local pub. If you want to know what happened at the recent selectman’s meeting, or the outcome of a planning board meeting, then this is the place. A classic burger and beer place, The Blue Oar is in the heart of the village and is a staple of Cohasset
- 5 South Main: This cozy super local restaurant offers a variety of dishes, salads, and food “to go” all made with the freshest ingredients. The warm and welcoming atmosphere makes 5 South Main the perfect spot for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends. This is a super casual place and an author’s favorite. Hint, get a lobster roll to go.
- The Barrell in Cohasset. While technically this is a deli or mini-mart, they have a great sandwich take-out business. They do have some take-out dinners, and morning sandwiches too. This newcomer to the Cohasset food scene is a welcome addition.
- Atlantic Bagel. Located in the heart of Cohasset Village is Atlantic Bagel or “A-Bagel” as the kids call it. Long an institution in Cohasset, this breakfast and lunch place is wildly popular. They serve fresh hot bagels and countless sandwiches on them. This is the closest thing to a NY Bagel that you will find on the South Shore. And an author’s favorite.
In conclusion, whether you’re in the mood for seafood, Italian, or something a little different, Cohasset has a restaurant for you. With its picturesque location and amazing cuisine, it’s no wonder that Cohasset has become a destination for foodies looking for a delicious meal.